What kind of themes will you draw? Do you draw NSFW?
- I am willing to draw pretty much any theme, just ask! I may not post it publicly if I do not want to be known for drawing it, however. I also will NOT draw anything illegal or of characters that you do not have permission to use. I am pretty easy to talk to, so don't be concerned about asking me if you are unsure about your theme. Please be aware that I will NOT draw NSFW material for people under the age of 18.
Do you do revisions?
- For anything other than badges, I always show the sketch stage for the client's approval. You will get up to two small revisions for free, anything more may result in an added fee. After the sketch stage is approved, I will finish the commission completely unless you request other WIP images.
Do you do payment plans?
- Not exactly. While I only accept payment in full upfront, I am willing to do tier upgrades to prior digital pieces for up to a year after the original commission. For example, you want a full body shaded digital piece, but you can only afford the line art version right now. You can order the inked piece, then a few months later, email me again and ask about upgrading to the flats. If you can, try to reply to the same email used for the original commission, just to make it easier for me. I will only charge you the difference between what you originally paid for the line art and the current price for flats. Then, if you want it upgraded again with shading, you may contact me again about it. Keep in mind that this offer is only good for a year from the completion of the original commission.
- Things that can NOT be added in this upgrade process:
- Additional characters
- Anything that will cause me to change the original or previous commission, such as adding wings, changing/adding clothes, or changing the color of markings. This includes any changes to the line art or the colors if it is a colored piece.
- Things that MAY be possible to add:
- Backgrounds. Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like to add a background, and at which stage you plan on adding it. Backgrounds may be possible depending on the character's pose, the subject matter, and the shading already on the character if applicable. "Textures and colors" can generally be added without issue. If you added a background at a lower tier and then the price of backgrounds has increased since then, I will have to charge you the difference for the upgrade.
- I cannot do upgrades to traditional media pieces.
This commission is a surprise!
- Let me know in your initial contact that the piece is meant as a surprise. I will make sure to keep all publicly posted WIPs as vague as possible, or not post them at all. I will not publicly post the completed piece for up to two months without your permission. After that I assume it's safe to post.
I can't afford your commissions, can we do a trade?
- Generally no. I cannot take time away from paying customers. I also do not want to make anyone wait years for me to do my half of the trade because commissions always will come first.
I CAN'T AFFORD YOUR COMMISSIONS, CAN I have free art?
No. The ONLY people who get free art are my family, and even that is rare.
Can I get one of your designs tattooed on me?
- Please ask first. Much of my work was commissioned by a client, which means I cannot allow you to have it tattooed on your body without their consent. Please do not harass my clients for their consent. If the piece is one of my own designs, it is very likely that I will be ok with you getting it tattooed. Ask first still, and send me a picture of it done.
Will you design a tattoo for me?
- While I have never tattooed before, nor have I had a tattoo apprenticeship, I am more than happy to design something for you. My prices for tattoo design are the same as regular commissions. Please understand that when you go to have it tattooed, it is likely that the tattoo artist will have to make edits to my design so make sure you choose your tattooist with care! And please send me a picture of the completed tattoo!
Do you do custom adopts?
Yes, but they are the same price as my regular commissions. I do not have a special rate for custom adopts.
Can I color your line art?
Please ask in advance. Generally the answer is "no" as I do a lot of private commissions, but there are a few pieces that I may be ok with.
I've lost my original, help!
- Let me know what year you commissioned me, and I should be able to find it and send the files to you again. If your commission is traditional, I may be able to send you a scan if I have one. If you commissioned me for a traditional conbadge at a convention, it's unlikely that I have a scan though.
I ordered a digital piece, can I have it mailed to me too?
Yes! Please see my price list for the cost of printing and mailing of digital pieces.
You're colorblind??? So you can't see red/green?
- Yes, I am red/green colorblind. Unfortunately, the term colorblind is a misnomer; a better term is color vision deficient. I can see red and green just fine, but my eyes "confuse" them in certain situations. Think of it like camouflage, only with colors that most people can see. I've learned to tell when something has problem colors in it, and I can ask my normal color vision husband if I need help, but please let me know if you think your character might have problematic colors so I can be aware in advance!
Can I message you on Telegram/Furaffinity/etc to talk?
I would prefer if we kept all commission discussion to email. If email does not work for you, please tell me in your initial contact so we can work something out. If you just want to chat, that's fine, but I'm a pretty busy person so don't expect a quick response!
Last updated: April 29, 2018